Parts in Days, Not Weeks or Months.
Achieve Better Results Faster with an Advanced Additive Manufacturing Expert.
We understand the importance and value of customer service. Our employees are empowered to make decisions that contribute to the success of our customers. It is out mandate to address our customer’s needs in the most expedient manner possible. As a vendor to our customers, we are expected to deliver
100% Quality | 100% Satisfaction | 100% On Time Delivery
We recognize the importance of “time to market.” We consistently provide support 24/7 to meet the demanding requirements of our current economic marketplace. At Precision Plastics, our customers are our partners. Ultimately, our success is tied directly to the success of our customers.
OUR INNOVATIVE APPROACH
Precision Plastics and FATHOM have partnered to satisfy all your tooling needs. Need rapid short run tooling? We have you covered. Need high volume tooling and production? Precision Plastics is ready to handle all your needs.
Precision Plastics prides itself on being able to satisfy you most technical tooling challenges. With over 65 years of injection mold experience, we have the technical “know how” to make two shot molds, stack molds, conventional, three plate, insert, IML, and hot runner molds. We offer services to construct molds both domestically and internationally.
More importantly, we understand the term “time to market”. Our international tool shops run 24/7. In addition, we have an “in house” tool and die facility. This allows us to produce and maintain your tool in the most expedient manner possible. Ideally, we partner with our customers in the early stages of product development so we can avoid design issues related to our manufacturing processes. Precision recognizes that being first to market can be a determinate factor in the life cycle of a product.
RAPID TOOLING & INJECTION MOLD SERVICES
Precision Plastics and FATHOM proactively works with clients and will recommend innovative solutions to help reduce both costs and time-to-market, as well as, help to identify potential part/tooling design risks.
- In-House FATHOM Engineering and Design Resources
- Tooling/Injection Molding
- Rotational Molding
- Liquid Silicone Injection Molding (LSIM)
- Compression Molding
- Printing, Decorating, and Painting
MANY MATERIALS TO CHOOSE FROM
FATHOM stocks a variety materials for quick turn parts. If you desire a specific material, we have a diverse supply chain to help procure the materials (longer lead times and higher costs may apply).
- Acetal (Celcon/Delrin)
- Acrylic (PMMA)
- TPV (Santoprene)
Not sure where to start? Consider the following. FATHOM’s unique approach shortens the product development cycle by leveraging advanced technologies like 3D printing. Customers are saving time and reducing costs by testing their ideas early and often.
|3D PRINTING||MACHINING & CASTING||RAPID INJECTION MOLDING|
With 3D printing and additive manufacturing, it is now feasible to quickly create custom injection molds in days instead of weeks — these molds produce low volumes of parts using the final injection mold grade plastics. Multiple iterations with less tooling investment.
- Materials Available:
PE, PP, PS, ABS, TPE, PA, POM, PC-ABS, Glass Filled Resins
- Processes Available:
Blow Molding and Injection Molding
- Up to 50 shots
- Tools can be printed in ONE day
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering, or DMLS, for tool building is also available — by using DMLS, FATHOM can compress the tool building process from weeks to days for high volume production
- Molds are built by sintering metal powder in patterns driven from a 3D model
- DMLS “prints” metal molds, versus, traditional methods of machining or EDM
- Lead-time for DMLS mold making is days, unlike weeks for traditional methods
- Time and cost can be reduced further by having a large selection of MUD bases available for any size DMLS insert
- DMLS inserts last as long as traditional metal tooling (in the range of 100,000 shots)