Started in 1943 with 10 molding presses in downtown San Francicsco, Precision Plastics began its tenure as one of the premiere plastics injection molders in Northern California. Occuplying three buildings on Brady Street through the 1950’s, Precision was the last manufacturer to leave the city of San Francisco.
In 1963 the owner, Harold Appelblom, decided to move the company to Roebling Road in South San Francisco. Precision continued to grow. By the end of the 70’s Precision had 18 presses (100-500 tons).
In the 80’s, the company continued to flourish under the direction of GM Charlie Gindelsperger. By this time, they had built a reputation as one of the top technical molders in the bay area.
In the late 90’s, Precision Plastics partnered with Swart Interconnect and continued to grow and diversify, prospering on the wave of success that swept through the Silicon Valley in the late 90’s. In 2004, Precision Plastics moved to Union City in an effort to expand its capabilities at a larger facility.
Under the direction of the Appelblom family, Precision Plastics continue to be one of the top molder in the Bay Area. Precision Plastics has worked hard to build a company that can address any customers needs with a truly global solution.